Monday, July 28, 2008

A Little Self Therapy

I was going to post about how badly I want to play a big, live tournament…but doesn’t everyone?

I was going to whine about a donkey who just stacked me when he flopped a set of fours against my pocket rockets…but again, wouldn’t be very original.

I could go on about how much of a struggle it is for me to get out of bed every morning & drag a$$ to a job that’s not very fun (and harder than I ever expected it to be)…but how many millions of other people do the same?

I’d like to blog about how I’d love to just play poker all the time, whenever I wanted, from wherever I wanted, and make boatloads of cash in the process…but it’s a common poker player’s dream, I’m sure.

So instead of a dreamblogpostwhine, I’ll focus on action:

- plan a home-game qualifier to the August Mega Stack tourney at Foxwoods, or just make the drive to The Wonder Of It All and play in one of theirs

- made back about 2/3 of what I lost to the donk…play smart & solid until I post a win for the night (or get tired)

- get at least seven hours of sleep on worknights, work hard, be productive on-the-job, hang in there…until something more fulfilling, enjoyable, and lucrative presents itself

- play more poker, play more tables when I am playing, avoid distractions while playing (TV, internet, etc.), take more shots at higher limits when running good

- PLAN A VACATION! Save enough poker winnings to afford a long weekend to AC or Vegas or somewhere, anywhere with the wifey

OK, I feel a little better now, only down $13 on the night…

No comments: