Monday, March 08, 2004

A couple posts and five months ago, I tried my luck with online poker and lost $50 in a heartbeat. So I asked Santa for a second chance at internet hold 'em, and Jen, er I mean Santa obliged with a $50 cash present. This time I went to PartyPoker and deposited the cash. This time around has been much, much, much more profitable!

I started by playing one-table no-limit tournaments, where 10 people each pay $6 and get $1500 in tournament chips to start. Only the top three finishers win prizes ($25/$15/$10), but I found myself consistently "in the money." In fact, there was a stretch of about 20 tournaments where I never finished lower than 4th.

So by this time my $50 stake had doubled, thereby getting me back to even in the online poker world. One night, I couldn't get in a one-table tournament (all the tables were filled), so I decided to play a normal $1/$2 hold'em game. That's when the bankroll began to grow quite quickly. All the loose players who were catching their cards against me in Atlantic City; now the tables had turned and I was the one raking in all the pots. I won't tell you exactly how much I've won, but it's safe to say that PartyPoker's been "berry, berry good to me!"

I will soon have a PartyPoker banner on the site which people will be able to click on and get a $25 bonus with their first deposit.